Friday, January 21, 2011

Philosophy

People keep asking me if I'm okay.  I know they expect me to be a little more sad, I'm either in serious denial or as 1 of my friends says I have been dealing with my marriage being "over" for the last 2 years so the actual separation of living under the same room is the only thing I'm dealing with now and being "alone" is not as scary to me as it is to a lot of people. I'm sure that there will be a time, god knows when it will be, that I will sit and say.  Wow it sucks to be in this house alone so much.  I'm thinking it will be the summer time when the days are longer and I want to sit outside but that just invites my neighbors to ask the many burning questions that my friends don't need to ask.  The questions can actually be what make you feel alone sometimes....
Speaking of being alone.  I recently learned a friend of mine would never have considered herself as happy... This really was a surprise to me.  I think everyone that knew her would say in general she seemed happy, so my question is why did she think she wasn't?  My only guess is she didn't ever have a man in her life and really started to realize that having a relationship was something she wanted... its natural to want to share your life and while you can share it with friends and family there is something different about sharing it with someone you are in love with. 
Isn't this the whole Maslow's hierarchy of needs thing??? Its been a while but maybe I should brush up on
that whole theory.
I'm thinking it's something like
Basic: Food, water, shelter ( it's a check so far)
Safety:  This one is tricky... I don't feel unsafe but I don't remember if this has an actual different meaning
Mental (or something like that): again I think I've got that down but waiting for the big boo hoo breakdown
Self:  I like to think that I am working on that both personal and at work
Not sure what the last one was...
Any psych majors reading that can help???  LOL.  Since I already know the answer to that I will say no but I'm sure my good friend the philosopher will help out if she ever gets to reading this... JK you know I love you!

Okay so I have work to do, find out where I am on the hierarchy of needs list...

2 comments:

Pippi said...

right, its something like...we don't self-actualize until the basics are covered...
I actually think we have already been there, PLU...the people who are down lower on the pyramid are either struggling for survival, abused, etc.
at least, thats how I remember it...

Anonymous said...

Wow...that's deep for these blogs Ladies!

I have never considered myself a happy person but an excellent optimist. However recently, based on this blog thing I have been really thinking about stuff, like being alone, vacations, friends I love and I realize I probably didn't really appreciate the things/people I have in my life. So, I'm just analyzing things and putting them into prespective.

Powered by Blogger.

Followers