Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Confidence

1/4/11  When does our confidence start to change.  When I was a teenager or young adult I had the great pleasure of being confident or arrogant enough to never second guess myself.  At what point in time do you start to wonder should I always be second guessing myself. 
Is it that with age comes wisdom? 
Is the wisdom in knowing you should always think things through? 
Is thinking things through second guessing yourself?

I feel 99% confident in my decision to leave my husband.  But I have a friend that often makes me wonder if I am on the right track.... Why?  I wonder sometimes if this friend has my best interest in mind or if they are so busy talking they don't even realize what they are saying. 
It may be the smallest comment that I read into, it may be the realization that expectations out there in the single world are something I never thought I wanted to deal with again.
I am seeing myself as less confident in all matters these days, work, personal life, finances.  This really bothers me.  I hope that this is just a phase.  Maybe when everything in your life is turning upside down you have no choice but to wonder....  Is this because of a bad decision I made before?  OR is this just life and I need to continue to make decisions best I can at the time and as long as I think logically and add some heart to the mix things will work out in the long run.
Sometimes I just want to say, no decisions today so don't put me in a spot where I have to decide.
I think this is why people become hermits...ha ha ha. 

1 comment:

Powered by Blogger.

Followers